KSHSAA Athletic age/grade guidelines
(Kansas High School Athletic Association)*
- Do you attend a formal school 5 days per week (private or public)?
- If yes, your athletic grade must match your academic grade.
- Have you played any sport previously at a High School level (Fr, So, Jr, Sr)?
- If yes, that was your first year of varsity athletic eligibility.
- Calculate forward to the current year to identify your athletic grade.
- If not, continue to the following question.
- Based on your age on August 1st of the coming season your athletic grade should be:
- 15 = Freshmen
- 16 = Sophomore
- 17 = Junior
- 18 = Senior
- 19 or older = Not eligible
* Note: MSHAA (Missouri High School Athletic Association) has the same guidelines with the difference being the dates are set at July 1st of each season.